Similar to the old HSE kits the content of the new BSI First Aid Kits are appropriate for use based on a combination of the risk of the workplace and the number of employees and visitors.
The table below can be used as a guide to ascertain which BSI kit you require for your workplace - please note that it is the duty of the employer to make an assessment of the first aid needs appropriate to the circumstances of your workplace and the below acts as a guide only.
Where there are special circumstances, such as remoteness from emergency medical services, shiftwork or sites with several separate buildings, there might need to be more first aid kits than set out in Table.
- 1x First-Aid Guidance Leaflet
- 8x Medium Dressing 12cm x 12cm
- 2x Large Dressing 18cm x 18cm
- 4x Triangular Bandage 90cm x 90cm x 127cm
- 4x Safety Pins (Pack 6)
- 4x Eye Pad & Bandage No16
- 5x Assorted Washproof Plasters (Bag 20)
- 40x Saline Cleansing Wipes
- 1x Microporous Tape 2.5cm x 5mtr
- 12x Large Powder-Free Nitrile Gloves (Pair)
- 4x Finger Dressing 3.5cm x 3.5cm
- 2x Revive Aid Mouth To Mouth Resuscitator
- 3x Emergency Thermal Blanket
- 2x Burn Dressing 10cm x 10cm
- 1x Small Tuff Cut Scissors Black 6”
- 2x Conforming Bandage 7.5cm x 4.5mtr